View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Some common foods GOOD/BAD?

[ QUOTE ]
Im 6'0 175lbs been lifting since June. ...
Any advice would be great. Oh btw, im working on cutting not bulking.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 piece of advice : STOP CUTTING. You are thin enough, you need more muscle. Eat more protein.

[ QUOTE ]

Quaker Oatmeal - I eat this about 5 times a week, its usually the cinnamin n sugar, or apples n cinnamin or w/e) does it really hafta be no flavor or is the 2% fat gonna matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Others have said it already - but you need to just make some real oats, not the flavored packet. You can add some real honey and butter and still be healthier than the packets.

[ QUOTE ]

Bread - I'm eating about 2-3 sandwhiches a day, just wondering if I should cut down on the bread.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine if you don't take in too much other carbs. Try to get whole wheat bread, or even a multigrain + flax bread if you don't mind the taste.

[ QUOTE ]

Gatorade - I drink about 2-3 a day, should I just be drinking water?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pure sugar poison. I drink Gatorade sometimes, but only if I'm biking > 30 miles or so.

[ QUOTE ]

Easy Mac (the mac n cheese)

Granola bars - they seem pretty healthy

Cereals - Life n Raisin Brain are the 2 I eat

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these come in packages where you can easily read the nutrition components, I'm not sure why you need to ask about any of this here.

A lot of the normal brands of granola bars (like Quaker and Nature Valley) are sugar poison. You can get healthy and tasty granola bars if you look carefully. The carb content is always going to be high, you just don't want it from sugar.

Dunno about Life, but Kellog's and Post Raisin Brans have tons of added sugar. Again, you can get them without the added sugar at places like Trader Joe's.

EVERYBODY STOP EATING PROCESSED JUNK THAT'S LOADED WITH SUGAR IT ISN'T THAT HARD HYACHACHACHACHA