View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: razz tourney hand

I often just call 3rd in a spot like this, where no one can raise behind me, if I think my opponent will play incorrectly on 4th if he bricks (and not fold). I'd probably raise 4th. I doubt I'd raise 5th. I'd usually raise 6th but just calling isn't bad.

You don't know what your opponent had here, but he mucked in the end which to me says he had no chance of winning the hand, he probably paired early and then the 3 paired. The way you played it, he put in a bet on every street, probably way behind, and that's awesome. You raise 4th, the hand is probably all over. But that's results oriented...

In the general sense raising 4th is good because he has an auto bet here, but is FOS something like 40% of the time. You on the other hand have a clean 4 card 7 with none of your outs missing except the 3 that can to your opponent on 4th. I think raising 5th can be a mistake because you'll get 3-bet nearly all the times your behind, he'll fold his worst hands (where he would fire again on 6th if you don't raise) and you're facing reverse implied odds on future streets - you have a hand you can't fold and he either has a hand he can't fold, or a hand he can't call a raise with.

6th I feel can go either way. It's a classic WA/WB situation except I think you're ahead much more often than behind. I like just calling here and raising 7th. I also like raising here. Whatever floats your boat.

Edit: I misread 6th, you actually act first. Yeah, the way the hand was played so far a check raise would be nice.