View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/24 - Rivals Week)

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I know Mike was pretty pissed off that he got busted out, so his arguments were more based on emotion than logic. And I also know its generally a pretty bad idea to make sweeping generalizations about someone based on one comment or one play or anything like that.

But how can someone who seriously think he got RIVERED and got UNLUCKY with that K2 versus AJ hand, be a world class poker player? This is an amazingly glaring misunderstanding of the way the game works, in my opinion. Its one thing to bitch about bad beats or whatever, but seriously, you HAVE to realize you put your money in bad. You can complain about him calling, you never getting lucky, whatever, but to seriously complain about that as a BAD BEAT? Because the Q came on the river instead of, like, you not hitting your K?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a bad beat, percentage-wise, but it was a bad beat the way it played out. The poker gods teased him to the point that his opponent was down to a four-outer. If that happens a lot to him, then it can wear on you. Of course, that's his point-of-view. I think he just conviently forgets his suckouts, etc.