View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Daniel\'s book - Sold Out

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if say, Mason were to write a book entitled, "How to win million dollar poker tournaments," I can't imagine it would be something that I'd be interested in buying, if the choices were that book, or Dan Harrington's book.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Mason probably would not write a book on tournaments because its not what he does. But if he did take a stab in the dark, at least we can assume from his past proven track record that it would be good, and he would probably be making a better royalty than you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Theoretically he only would need to sell 1/2 the number of books since it would sell for $29.95 to turn a greater profit for the author. Is it obvious that I'm in a nit-picky mood?

OK back to reality - I'm your biggest fan and biggest critic of your TD 2-7 section in SSII. It was hands down the best section in the book, but if you spent a little more time editing your concepts, added a discussion on odds & pot equity (its only needed when the pot is bloated or very small but its still a missing topic), and expanded greatly on the river I think it would have been flawless. Take your time, don't let anyone rush you and don't miss any tiny details. Deliver the flawless book that you want to write. Everyone has high hopes for your next book, I hope you live up to our expectations!