View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

[ QUOTE ]
Call yourself a poker player? This is just variance. Work out what the average is, and as long as you start out with the correct B/R you'll be fine, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, I want growth. There's no average to that.

[ QUOTE ]
The simplest way for me, and the way that doesn't leave anyone feel bad, is this. Cinsider the average pot is x. Take y from every pot that is 4Xx, up to a maximum of z. Where y= a nominal ammount that the winner of a large pot will hardly miss. z= average weekly running costs +small ammount extra to build your business 'B/R'. Simpe eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh. Let's see... either I can just take a small amount off the top and be done with it, no mention of it again... or I can stay sober and involved enough to monitor multiple tables, talk others into staying the same to do the rakes on their tables, and find somewhere to put all this raked money. In other words, a very in your face "yes I am taking your money" approach. And I'd be negatively affecting my game even more than it already is, what with me doing all the rebuys, dealing, and, y'know, trying to play a hand every now and again. Forget about trying to get any good reads on anybody.

I dunno, I like the less painful and obvious and work-involved method. I doubt I'd ever do a rake. I'd do time charge first. Keep in mind that, at least for now, I want to play in my game.