Thread: Playing NL5
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Playing NL5

This post was posted before the software troubles, so I'm reposting...
--------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I read everythin' here and gotta admit it is great.
However, it almost doesn't discuss nano-stakes, like NL5 (0.01/0.02) (which is on some rooms an NL2). Is there a difference between NL{2,5} and NL10 ?
Because for example, when I play NL5, it seems very very very tempting to limp in when in SB in an unraised pot (seriously ... what is 1 cent ??). Same goes for a minraised pot (upto 0.04$).

I mean, is there a special strategy to play on those nano-stakes ? should I play much differently ?

For those who ask why I play those stakes, it is because of my BR which is quite low (~80$) and am trying to build one.

Thank you guys.

Then there was an interesting answer which said that I should really keep on not limping, raising very good hands in EP, and make them pay their draws.

And I added another answer with questions :

It is said that it is best to tighten on loose tables. NL5 tables are loose so how tight should I play ?
And how much should I loosen in LP ? I read a post here which said to open-raise EP any suited cards, any connectors, any figure !? it that correct ? and what if the pot has been raised already ?

What to do post-flop against a min-bet (1BB) when you have raised preflop upto 4-5 BB and when the flop has not totally helped you ?

I played for about one hour on PS's NL5, 3-tabling, being dealt 225 hands, and got 15c benefit (even if I was at +1$ at one point). Is that a very bad result ? what should be a stardart result for that amount of play ?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]