Thread: Michael Clayton
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Michael Clayton

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting used to Clooney's presence in a project giving me high hopes for it. He seems to be becoming a more interesting artist year by year. I've been hoping he keeps on this route sort of like Clint Eastwood did -- finding financing to keep making his own quality movies and remaining viable in others -- but perhaps without quite so many orangutans. I'm really looking forward to this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great analogy...Clooney is this generations' Eastwood. I can't think of a more compelling film artist in Hollywood right now. Just look back over his choices and films...he obviously has a "body of work" commitment to his career, rather than "let's make a quick buck" - the Ocean movies notwithstanding!

I'm a huge fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Clooney, too...and I'm a huge fan, and will certainly see this movie...but I've always thought of him as more of this generation's Dean Martin, or perhaps, Sinatra. It's not just the success...it's the fact that he seems to be the perennial partyer, and no one seems to think it's weird, even though he's in his 40s. I distinctly remember all of the celebrities at the Oscars last year referring to him simply by his last name, like he's some legendary member of a football team. We never hear stories about him busting up a hotel room or having some sort of major psychological problem or breakdown. He just makes a movie(well), gets his millions, then flies off to bang some other supermodel half his age in one of his cinemaesque mansions in Hollywood or Italy or whatever. No one ever says anything bad about him either...there don't seem to be any tell-alls or slams in the media...no public feuds.

I dunno...the playboy thing just makes me think Rat Pack for some reason, and Clooney seems too nice to be Frank...so...Dean Martin.