View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: EDF book review, recommendations, etc - the mbillie edition

The Blind Side - Michael Lewis's book. I loved it. Any sports fan will probably enjoy it, especially the hardcore football fans. After this book, I officially became a Michael Lewis fan.

The Warren Buffett CEO - Rob Miles. It's not really a book; it's more like a collection of interviews from managers who work for Warren Buffett. We learn how Buffett manages people and why everyone loves working for the old man in Omaha. It is amazing how much respect Buffett's managers have for him and as a result, they want to do their best to make him proud. The interesting question for all the managers was "how will the internet change your business?" and you get to see if Buffett's managers know they're talking about. I highly recommend it for entrepreneurs wannabe and obviously, WEB fans.

Sam Walton: Made in America - Sam Walton. I am currently reading it right now and really enjoy it. It's a fun read and Sam Walton comes across as a genuine hardworking good guy. I said this because before reading this book, the media has painted an image of Wal-Mart being an evil empire in my mind. Now that doesn't mean Wal-Mart isn't an evil empire - I don't know and I don't care. I just want to appreciate Wal-Mart for being a great business and how it became a powerful discount retailer because its founder was fearless and he understood that you need to take care of your workers before you take care of your customers. I highly recommend it to people who want to start a business. It shows you how much time and effort you put into something that you want to succeed.