View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Baseball managers are vastly overrated

mo,

Your post was directed at me and you said "and the complete joke that was torre managing game 2 and i find it hilarious that people question whether or not it matters who your manager is"--"people" is the key word in that sentence when reading a sentence directed at me, I am grouped in w/ those "people." That is reading comprehension.

And to clarify it does matter who your manager is, some of these people on this site think they can just fill up a lineup card and make some switches during a game and they have no clue what is going on in a game. I am actually agreeing w/ you about Torre--I understand what Torre's plan was, he was trying to get by w/ his Ace as long as he could so he didn't have to destroy his bullpen in the first game of the series but that is plan A and when plan A starts to unravel on you, you get plan B (the bullpen) going ASAP.

I think that many overrate what managers do and many underrate what they do, but I also think that most don't realize what they do--it is a job that isn't out in the open and the actions aren't seen.