View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
as a buckeyes fan, i would be a lot happier with michigan hiring les miles than i would be with michigan hiring jeff tedford or jon gruden.

is miles better than carr? sure, but that's not really the debate here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But of course it's not clear that Tedford would come (might be hoping for an NFL offer, or might just like the west coast, that's the rumor with his wife not wanting to leave). Gruden of course would be a longshot, and all we have to go on is some throw-away comment where he said his ideal job would be coaching at Michigan, which is nice and all but not something to get too excited about. Miles seems to be the best of the reasonable options, unless you somehow believe you could get Urban or Stoops or something, and that's ludicrous.

BTW on Miles, I reserve judgment on most of his work since I just haven't seen enough or don't know enough about it all. But, one thing: turning Okie State from crap into a respectable team is pretty impressive. Not so much for that alone, but because he did it at the same time Oklahoma and Texas were getting really good again. It'd be one thing if he exploited a downturn by division and recruiting rivals, but he didn't.