View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Debate with friend about how a hand was played

[ QUOTE ]
Cause he is certain he his right and in his mind has no need to make calculations, by his logic sets win more often than getting drawn out on so raising after the bet doubles makes more money. It doesn't matter I don't care anymore, I wanna focus on getting better and winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

then your friend is a fish and we have just gotten another insight into how fish think. harsh but true. Heres a hint for your friend....how many times does he get 3bet and capped when he plays sets this way? Compare that to what can happen when you just fastplay and it takes your opponents a while to realise they are beat.....and god forbid you get a few callers who are drawing who are prepared to put in multiple bets....

Fortunately for you you have found 2+2 and stand a fighting chance of getting better at poker. stick around, get better and in a years time you can compare your success at the tables to your friend....

I shudder to ask but is your friend a winning player, mathematically...like as does he even run Pokertracker or have a 100% accurate record? Because there are mathematically winning players who have posted in this thread who actually have a mathematically winning record and they dont play like your friend. maths ftw.

yeah your friend is being a so my comments in this post are for your benefit not his.