Thread: Wpt fallsview
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Wpt fallsview

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are Jason's list of pre-registration players, you MUST register tomorrow or Friday.

The rep saying "they don't have a limit to hom many ppl can play" is not 100% accurate; every live tournament has a physical limit to the number of players that can play (these limits set by the # of seats, # of tables, # of staff, # of days). There is a limit for each day to keep the days balanced (we cannot have 100 people show up to play on Friday and the 400 people on Sunday).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if I show up Sunday Morning at 11 with $10K, what are the odds that I will be able to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim to nil

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the advanced registration policy, but I don't really get all the rest--even if there is a logistical need to keep the days balanced (why is that?), the aim of the registration process should still be to accommodate the maximum number of interested players, period--that's the beauty of having three starting days to begin with!

I'm just curious and trying to understand the reasons for the policy. Assuming max capacity is 400, and if Friday and Saturday get 200 people each and there is a sudden demand on Sunday for 400 players, why would you want to shut anyone out?