View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Zero Sum Blackjack: Possible?

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever played one of these video BJ games? They are fast..faster than online games.

BTW, I'm not sure where you're playing BJ online, but if your only getting 600 hands an hour either the site's software/cnnection is slow or you are slow a slow player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played them, because I write code for them. I've written for both Internet and cabinets -- and never made any distinction in the rate of play. Thremp is very close to our observations at his max rate of 600 hands per hour, on a heads up game.

I honestly don't believe that 1,000 is possible -- let alone 1,500. One of the reasons is that all wagers are acknowledged, as well as all winners. There are dwell times on those screens that, while short, are not zero. The player options do not function during those periods. The play is also animated to make it more interesting -- the deal itself takes time. Insurance options have to be responded to, and the dealers hand, upon a win, includes another dwell period. I'm sure they've reprogrammed these machines rather than remove them, and all you have to do is go monitor your own play as fast as you can for about ten minutes to realize how ridiculous a 1,000 to 1,500 hand per hour rate is.