View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 AM

Default NL25: AA v 2 NIT robots. $24 in the pot $16 left. Q on flop.

I really didn’t know what to do next. What would you do?

<font color="blue">Reads
I’d been at the table about one orbit, but I recognize villain1 and villain2. The site I play doesn’t support Poker Tracker [and I've had to format this hand history myself too - time to move on maybe] so I can’t give you any stats, but they are two very similar players. They play 10+ tables and I wonder how they keep track.

Maybe they don’t need to - they play to a very simple formula. Very tight, then swings for the fences with premium hands. They win a lot of small pots, but there are still enough unobservant players around at NL25 [and you have to be REALLY unobservant not to notice] for their large overbets to get called all the way to showdown facing no more than a medium pair or AK unimproved often enough for these guys to make a living.

If I had to guess, their stats must be something crazy like 8/8 </font>

0.12/0.25 Texas Hold'em (No Limit)

UTG (50.69)
<font color="red">UTG+1: Villain 1 (38.03)</font>
<font color="green">MP: Hero (24.38)</font>
<font color="red">CO: Villain 2 (24.13)</font>
Button (16.54)
SB /empty/
BB (27.70)

Preflop: Villain 1 is UTG+1. Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain 2 is CO

<font color="#666666"> fold</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 (villain 1) call 0.25</font>, <font color="green">Hero raise to 1.25</font>, <font color="red">CO (villain 2) raise to 3.00</font>, <font color="#666666">2 fold</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 (villain 1) call 3.00</font>,...

<font color="blue">OK, another AA is much less likely than AK, KK or QQ. Do I go all-in, which may scare them off, or try for a little more? I think too long and then hit 8 when I meant to hit 9.</font>

<font color="green">Hero raise to 8.00</font>, <font color="red">CO (villain 2) call 8.00, UTG+1 (villain 1) call 8.00</font>.

<font color="blue">Hmm, I’d have guessed one fold and one all-in rather than two calls.</font>

Flop: (24.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

<font color="blue">I do not like that flop. If either villain has QQ I’m facing a set.</font>

Villain 1 checks.

Now it’s up to me!

The pot is 24.25. I have 16.38 left, villain 2 has 16.31 and villain 1 [who just checked] has 30.03.

Against two super tight multi-tabling machines is it really likely that I’m ahead? Could one have AK/AQs, the other KK [possible JJ] - which out of most possible combinations looks like the only one I'd beat?