View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: FR Theory: Random thoughts on different stack sizes and playing th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
200BB+: Bad news for big cards - you're playing them for set value mostly, and won't get action back the times you hit your set unless someone is drawing to a set-beating hand. Almost, ATC can be called profitably here by good postflop players, as they got odds to flop 2 pair or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

so everytime you flop trips/2pair and there is an A, K, Q on the board you c/f? the times you put in a ton when basically no equity really hurt

and well you don't flop 2pr+ that often

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking, because the 'bigness' of the cards is somewhat diminished but the 'pairedness' holds up, it makes sense for deep players to raise any pair early when everyone's deep (along with other hands). So the flop becomes trickier for everyone.

I'd love someone who has played a lot of 200BB+ hands to chime in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the main point I was trying to get at is, that AA is always the strongest hand in NLHE no matter the stacksizes

if you take JT, on all boards with JTxxx AA is only 68.5/31.5 underdog, and JT is a huge dog to flop 2pair

you probably won't consistently get 200bb in on a JJx board, you hit 50/1 longshot boards and are only 6/1 favorites, while the vast majority of boards you are under 30% equity

33 on all 3xxxx boards possible is a 81/19fav but again its 7.5/1 against on getting a set or better