View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Mirage 1/2 NL and Up

I am planning to head out to Vegas in early December for some poker. I have only played 1/2NL at MGM the last few times I have been out there, but have never stayed at MGM. Its a minor pain but still a pain to have to travel back and forth to your room each day. This trip I want to stay where I will be putting in most of my hours.

I am looking to play mostly 2/5 and some 1/2 NL and stay in a moderate priced room(650ish for 5 nights). The fight is going on the weekend I am there so MGM's rooms are higher than normal. I am leaning toward the Mirage, but know nothing about the poker room there. I did a search on here and couldn't find anything referring to the NL games in a semi-recent post.

I heard the Mirage was the place to play back in the day and is now know for spreading 7stud and OH8. How is the NL action? Am I making a mistake to spend 5 days playing NL there? The poker room rate is only like $40 off a night so I guess if it really sucks I can go play some where else. However, I would rather stay in one place.

Sorry if I rambled. I'm looking to book a room in the next week or so and I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks in advance for any advice.