View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: A few \'scientific\' polls to compare OOT to the rest of the US

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ID is the proposition that certain features of the universe and of living things can be better explained by an intelligent cause rather than natural processes such as natural selection.[1]

Discovery Institute, Center for Science and Culture

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the commonly accepted understanding of ID. I realize it is linguistically possible to reconcile the two, but it seems like quite a reach to say you accept evolution/natural selection and ID. I think religion/belief in god and evolution/natural selection are quite compatible, but ID is essentially (in any instance of it) an attempt to offer an account for a biological organ or process contrary to the currently held scientific view.

[/ QUOTE ]

That does not reconcile the two. The quoted definition is directly in opposition to the theory of evolution, and you most certainly cannot believe that that definition is correct AND the ToE is correct. Guids is very wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still fail to see how Im very wrong here. explain in more depth how ID and evolution are mutually exclusive, because Id be interested to hear how much [censored] you can make up.