View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Making a Point--Line Shopping Matters

[ QUOTE ]
I actively bet the opposite way of each pick with about 5-10 minutes of effort put into line shopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that.

The point MT2R is making is that it doesn't matter how good of a capper you are compared to a line shopper at non superduper expert levels. People place too much effort and emphasis on building capping systems, instead of an emphasis on line shopping.

Unless you are Dr. Bob or some famous capper who can make Vegas move the line 3-4 points by yourself, line shopping is just as important as capping.

Few posters have said this over and over, but for the most part it is ignored, because the majority of what they write is trollish. (myself included) Thremp said he could teach a monkey to beat sports betting. He's right, assuming said monkey doesn't take longer than thremp to place a bet which is next to impossible [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

In essence, if you want to bet Jacksonville +3 but shop around and can get them at +3.5, it will make a huge difference long term?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buying off the most key number for FREE? Of course it will make a huge difference. Look how much it costs to buy on or off the 3 in football. Now look at how much more often you'd win and getting that half point for free.

I am eagerly waiting for you to tell me how grumpy I am.