View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: [PLO 50] 2nd Set faces big river bet

Definitely raise preflop. You're OTB and it's 4-handed, you should almost never be limping here.

The flop's OK, but I'd like it better if villain had potted it. I'd tend to raise here because I usually have an aggressive image anyway and you need to build a pot. As a side note, if you'd raised preflop, a slow-play would be much more feasible.

The river's tough. Part of me thinks that this is a spot where the donkish stats will lead you astray and you'll be beat a lot with the PFR making AA seem very likely. On the other hand, he might have raised with some kind of high cards that picked up a draw on the turn and then decided to bluff the river specifically because he thinks you'd put him on AA with the PF raise. That's certainly consistent with his river AF. I think a fold's probably the correct play, just because he raised from the BB and with a 3 PFR, that almost has to be AAxx.

Do you have any other reads? Knowing whether he likes to bet the pot more often with made hands or with bluffs could be enough to swing this decision.