View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
Back on topic. If solar can be made price competitive private industry will find a way and profit greatly if successful. If Government takes money by force from successful entrepreneurs to invest in areas it deems fit you will have a more inefficient system. You are taking money from those with a track record of success and vested interest and giving it to Government which has a poor track record of success (education, health care, poverty, crime, etc.) and no vested interest.

If this were not true then why not just give all resources to Government control? Why wouldn’t Government be better to finding solutions to all problems in society (better food production, more productive machines, better medicine, etc.)? For those who think solar needs government spending why restrict government solutions to this one area?

[/ QUOTE ]

well the argument is not to actually do it.

the argument is that if global warming is such a no brainer super danger, then why doesn't government do something constructive to solve the problem, rather than just b.s. us and say they're gonna have to raise taxes on us and we're going to have to learn how to make do with less in order to save the earth.

btw, something contructive could be building nuke plants rather than solar tech. and by building nukes I don't mean gov building nukes, I just mean gov rewriting regulations so that private industry can do it, cause they can do it, they have done it, and the only reason they still don't do it is basically because the gov has told them not to do it via regulations and stuff.

also solar nanotech may be like a software project where throwing more money and programmers at a project will actually slow it down, I don't know. BUT, if man made global warming is such a problem, then all these things should be being discussed and some of them should be fasttracked to be implemented.