View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

I don't think you can fold pre-flop. If he'd been opening more from LP, I'd like 3-betting, but as described call seems good. Flop is good, but against a smart deep stack player like ZJ I'd rather lead turn, since he'll check behind a lot of stuff you don't want him to check.

As played, I'm kind of inclined to call and check-call anything but a Q river. I've never played with ZJ, so I don't know how aggressively he would play one pair with a draw versus without on this turn, but I don't see him making many mistakes against a c/r. He'll fold his bluffs, he'll fold worse hands without redraws, he'll shove hands that beat you and maybe the occasional worse two pair, and he'll call and be tricky on the river if he has a big draw or pair + draw.

Check-calling such a drawy turn is repping something like Q9 on your part, and since a substantial part of his range against you on this turn ought to be bluffs/semi-bluffs, underrepping your hand should encourage him to fire again on the river. And I would call an A river, because I'd imagine he's capable of betting AK for value even on this board given your passive line.