View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Romantic things to do in Vegas...

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning to take my wife to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian sometime during Christmas season. Seems to be a romantic enough show and a good Xmas present.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thought I'd follow up on my own post. I had decided to make the trip the following:

Fly to Vegas in the afternoon. Go to a decent restaurant and explore the new sights that weren't there last time we were in Vegas (e.g., the Wynn and the new Caesar's Palace expansion).

Next day is all day at the spa for the wife (while I'm in the poker room). In the evening, go to a nice restaurant in the Venetian (leaning towards Valentinos), followed by Phantom (also at the Venetian).

Next day is more exploring until our flight leaves.

Sounds good, except one thing--our last trip to Vegas was the exact same. Different show (Mystere at TI), different restaurant (Delmonicos), different season (summer instead of winter) but the same basic idea.

So I'm just bumping this to hopefully get more ideas. It's basically the age old idea of dinner and a show, coupled with a trip to Vegas without the kid. But I get the feeling she'll also realize this is the same trip to Vegas we took two years ago.