View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Wynn Dealers Unionizing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't there throngs of would-be dealers just waiting to be hired if the Wynn dealers strike?

[/ QUOTE ]

A line from the Stratosphere to Mandalay Bay. There's a ton of dealers who would kill to make what the Wynn dealers are making now, post-tip reduction.

Bicycles pretty much expressed my feelings. The only reason Uncle Steve took a piece of the tips for the bosses was to entice dealers to move up the ranks because no dealers whatsoever wanted to give up the gravy train and living high on the schnied.

Maybe he went about it the wrong way, but I don't know if increasing the bosses' salaries by $10-$15k without touching the tips would've helped entice dealers to move up in job status and responsibility or not, and that's a big question, I feel, in wondering why what's happened, happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only are the Wynn dealers the highest paid after the tip sharing scheme, the bosses were some of the best compensated in Vegas as well. Only problem is they cant make nearly as much as they can being a dealer. I actually think Wynn's idea was based on a solid concept, but the road to implementation was bound to be rocky.

If I were Steve I'd tell the union to shove it when they ask for the tip-sharing policy to be withdrawn, he can give concessions in other areas but this is establishing a good precedent for the future - dealers need an upwardly mobile path to success, and right now there is none.