View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: (NC Rant) To Perry Friedman:

I have seen him do his minor freak-outs at the table, but I have never seen him chase a sucker away, the cardinal sin of poker.

My favorite little tic of his is that every time someone brings it in for a complete bet, he insta-types a link to an article he wrote about how bad it is to open complete. He probably has a macro on a hotkey for it.

Honestly though, I don't mind his little tirades, because he doesn't belittle the players, he just needles them with "what did you put me on, exactly?" and the like. Bad players will not be intimidated by this because he is hardly a household name, and certainly won't try to improve their hand reading. Players who have made a lucky score off him (or who took proper odds to do so) get a little thrill out of these agitations, and if I'm in the game, it's a sort of floorshow of frustration that is morbidly entertaining.

If he were to belittle players and call them names like most "civilian" table captains, he would be more likely to chase the bad players away, and it would bother me. As it is, he's just tilting in a way that, while unproductive, seems not to influence the game very much.