View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Default OT: Poker Reality TV Show Proposal

Hi everyone,

As a recent Rutgers graduate, I recently received an email promotion from TruTV (formerly CourtTV): http://www.trutv.com/pitchtour/. I am going to submit a proposal for a poker-based reality TV show. Ideally, the show, tentatively dubbed "House of Cards" would include 12 somewhat varied contestants (preferably a mix of SSNL, MSNL, HSNL, limit, donkament, etc)
to compete in elimination style episodes for some monetary prize: perhaps something like $100,000 and full buyins to the WSOP or something (obviously, this would not be determined by me).

Anyway, the format would be similar to that of Bravo's reality TV shows: Project Runway, Top Chef, etc, where the first half of the hour episode would be "drama" footage, and the last half hour being some sort of competition to eliminate a person. The competitions would be varied (home game style tournaments, HU tournaments, cash game results - ie, most BB's won in a 10,000 hand period, etc.). Like most of these shows, the winner would receive some sort of extra prize, and the loser would be out (or maybe last two would play HU, something like that would make for exciting TV).

To help market the "viewability" of such a program, I am going to quantitatively analyze relative TV ratings of WPT, Bravo's Celeb poker show, ESPN's WSOP coverage, Poker After Dark, etc. I do think there is a market in this type of programming, and hopefull this can capitalize on poker's popularity.

Anyway, I'm looking for possible contestants. I would assume that one would have to relocate to the East coast, but I'm not completely sure. If you would be interested in being included in my proposal, please PM me, and I'll arrange you to write some sort of profile to be attached to the proposal (the rules specifically ask for one). Obviously, any some of extraordinary personality traits (or reasons why you think you would be good for the show) should be included in the PM. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

EDIT: Mods, please do not delete this. I would've posted this in NVG, but I didn't want busto clowns to flood me with applications. Plus, I feel most at home at MSNL, since 99% of my posts are here.