View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 AM

Default a really tough and interesting hand

UTG is 21/17/aggro. he plays a lot and is very solid. i've never noticed anything remarkable from him but he's the type that just doesn't give anything up

SB plays a ton, he is 27/18/aggro. he strikes me as relatively unsophisticated for some reason (that could be way off), but very solid and can bluff. before this session i didn't think of him as a 3-bettor/squeezer, but today several times i have called MP raisers in the CO and he's squeezed from the blinds. 2 of the times i took a flop and gave up when he c-bet. we've played a lot together and i don't think he sees me as a pushover. i've played some hands very tricky vs him in the past. but today i just keep folding to him. he used to play mid limit LHE and post on 2p2, but from his play i'd guess he's pretty far-removed from his limit career

the postflop play is very interesting as well, but first i want to look at preflop. i think a case can be made for calling, folding, or shoving.

i have a few questions. what is UTG's range after raising UTG then calling 10% of his stack to a presumably strong 3-bet. and what's the likelihood that SB doesn't realize how strong UTG and i should be? i'd suspect a lot of players wouldn't squeeze with a SC or junk like that.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $980
Hero: $1008.50
CO: $934.25
Button: $2452
SB: $1810.25
BB: $1063

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $35</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $150</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

i felt the likelihood of UTG having AA or KK was too high to shove here. i was more worried about him than the SB, who i was ready to take a stand against. also, i felt if i take a flop, my implied odds and great relative and absolute position might make this a good spot to call. if SB bets and UTG calls i'm almost certainly dead