View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: weak one card OESD?

Couple points:

When hero acts on the flop he sees a 5.5 SB pot not 10. I don't know if that changes your perspective or not but I would have thought raising more appropriate (read more profitable the times it works) if we were going after 10.

I do understand your argument although it's hard for me to get radical against unknowns and this may be one of situations I need to play better in order to improve. I will reread that section in SSHE. Thanks for the reference.

The argument about all the good things that can happen when we play aggressively has merit. So does the one that goes something like "we save a few bets by not raising when don't hit our hand"

I'll read that thread with you and Doug. I'm anxious to see you successfully occupying two different spaces simultaneously [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDITED TO ADD: Your point about the real time time pressure is a good one and it supports a contention I made in my post. I may have to (and I expect some others in the micros) become a significantly stronger player before I/we can pull off your style of play. The complete spectrum of ramifications don't present themselves to me for instant analysis. If I raised here, evenly correctly, it would have been an unthought out "donkey" play on my part. It's a matter of readiness.