View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, no play for Mr. Gray!

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear what you're saying. In some ways it makes me feel like I'm ahead of the curve. I'm sure there are plenty of ways that I'm not, but it's nice to hear that the things I respect and appreciate are things that many of you didn't necessarily enjoy as much as you would now with you had. I don't know.

I think it's fascinating what you say about how your life is more about other people now. That is the type of thing that I wish I could say was absolutely true with me, but I don't think it is right now if I'm being honest. I bend over backwards and sometimes get taken advantage of trying to help and care for others. But, in reality, except for the closest people, I think it would be erroneous of me to say that I always "put others first." Certainly something I hope to improve on in the future (that and the general concept of being nice instead of mocking sometimes).

Tired rant over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll throw my 2 cents in here.....

I think what fish is saying is that as he grows older that he realizes how important it is in life to have more consideration for others than for oneself.

When we're young, most of us are full of piss & vinegar, and can't get out of the blocks fast enough to make our way in the "new" world.

We readily engage in whatever 'rat-race' that happens to be in our reality, because that is our only perspective.

Hey...it is what it is, but it don't make it right!

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]