Thread: T7s vs lagtag
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: T7s vs lagtag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn play only makes sense when he has something like A6s/K6s, otherwise you're just c/ring against a better hand or it's getting checked through a good amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get why this is true when the BB and a limper are between the button and I, the pot is decent sized, and the villain is a lagtag.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this hand, the more I dislike your turn play. Villain is a lag tag who limped pf and just raised a bunch of limpers on the flop in position. His hand rang is still prettty wide but we can assume, flush draw, 6x, 88?, 99?, 45?, 75?, sets

When you check the flop, button is likley to check behind when he's got a weaker hand like a flusdraw and bet stronger hands like 2 pairs and sets. When you c/r button you're very likely to get it HU w/the best hand which doesn't improve your equity much. I prefer betting out on the turn b/c it will force the limpers in a tough position of getting raised again so they will likely fold their unimproved overs or whatever other crap they have. On top of that you make button play much more strait foward as he can't check behind with a draw and will realize that A high is no good. He might still raise w/a 6 intending to take free showdown but thats not the worst thing in the world here b/c 2 bets still go in on the turn. When 3 bets go in on the turn you can't like your hand too much and given your description of your opponent its tough to make any good decisions about his hands when that happens.