View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 PM

Default New RAM Added, Getting Errors, What Is My Play?

Howdy there,

Built my computer two years ago with 2x512MB of OCZ Gold RAM. Recently decided I just wanted to add a bit more punch until I did a bigger overhaul later in the future, so I ordered 2x512MB of Corsair RAM (all of this ram is pc3200).

Installed it, noticed the slight difference which has made me happy.

However, since I installed the RAM, I seem to be getting errors quite often, mostly when using IE7 (those Microsoft "Send Error Report/Don't Send" errors that just close your browser and you have to re-open it). Not to mention, also since I've installed the RAM, I've had a couple of blue-screens-of-death talking about memory usage and physical memory dump, and talking about removing/disabling any new hardware or software.

My friend who helped me purchase and install the RAM suggested I could try out Firefox to see if it gives me errors with that, or that I could try using my computer with only one of the Corsair pieces installed, and see if one of them alone causes me errors (thus finding the defunct memory piece).

Anyone encountered anything like this when installing RAM that's of a different brand or whatnot? Or have any problems like this with IE7? I'm just curious, since I'm very used to IE but it's not a huge huge deal if I can just switch to FF and it makes it all better.