View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Almost in a bar fight and called a Racist!

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you feel it could have been handled better, how would you have responded differently? Keep in mind, you've been the only person waiting on an entire bar, you're tired, your feet hurt, and a drunk guy who has been insulting you repeatedly asks you to get him a napkin when he has some right in front of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really isn't that tough.

I'd have booted him. I sure wouldn't let another patron, even if it's my hubby, start saying stuff and potentially escalating it. I'd tell hubs to cool it, and if need be, call the cops to get him out of there. Sometimes you just have to pick up a phone and act like you're calling and they'll leave.

When 2 guys are going at it like that in a bar, arguing and being disruptive, as a bartender, you're losing control of your bar at that moment.

[ QUOTE ]
They clearly weren't egging him on, which is what your post would seem to imply. They just got tired of taking his crap and decided not to anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

They weren't egging it, they helped escalate it. There's a difference. There isn't a reason to get into a racial debate with some drunk in a bar. Just figure he's an idiot and get him out of there. Why does there need to be anything said to him about his 'topic'?

b