View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Results and Panel Comments

I never think like that, but you are right. The push makes more sense. I'm very surprised by Shane's and Zee's river decisions. After the turn action it seems so obvious that you are good here 90% of the time.

Other comments: All three recommeneded betting more on every street than I did. My philosophy is that a more attractive mistake is easier to make. Thus, I make bets that are wrong to call, but not overly so. I think I may be costing myself here. However, Zee seemed to want to blow him out on the turn. I found that stragne. I think a lot of the hands that we want calling (1P hands that think they are good) are going to fold to overbet turns.

I was dissappointed that 2 of the 3 panel check this river. I was also dissappointed that this seemed to be the consensus in the River thread. I hope that posters here will examine the river again. "oh he's got the flush draw!" is just so less likely given A)turn play B) river check C) ODDS! - 1P hands are much more likely than flush draw hands. He has to be both suited, and suited in hearts. It is just so much more likely that he has a pair. You all know that I play 1000s of limit hands every day. When the flush comes on the river, I'm still betting 90% of the time. Why? Well, I look at how they played the hand. If the flop/turn action screams draw, I might not bet it, but if I have 2p, I still do. It is just so much more likely that they have a weaker hand than my 2p than the flush. And yes, there is a difference in my risk in L than in NL, but the math still works. It is a bet. bet bet bet.