View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: A unique \"fear\" of playing

I have the same problem whigh got worse lately even though i am winning.I absolutely hate to lose and everytime i am up a few buyins i force myself to stay and play if the games are soft.Since i don't want to stay, i play worse and scared and eventually have to quit by myself.

I don't know, how to get rid of this bs, i play hugely overrolled, i am a steady winner at the games, but for some reason, everytime i play i am afraid to lose.This usually doesn't prevent me from playing reasonably well, i bluff my fair share etc but the fear just keeps on.

I think, it's because all of those losing sessions where i got few bad beats, then few bad plays, then tilted a buyin or 2 away and felt just disgusted afterwards.Those sessions are rare but everytime they happen i just feel so bad i don't want them ever to happen.

I logically understand the idea of variance, but still those losses are usually hunting me for days.
I cashed out like 3/4 of my roll and i am still overolled for the games i play at, so there is no danger whatsoever of going bust and i have a lot of money in the bank yet i still have this irrational fear all the time during my play.
For some reason though, when i was in Vegas recently and played live a lot, i didn't have that fear...

Looking forward to helpful responses in this thread...