View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: People who refuse to help themselves

[ QUOTE ]
I will give you the short version. I can't spend more time.

I think the most important thing you can do to feed your mental energy with healthy nutrition is to try as hard as possible to find people that add "value" to your life. People that help you achieve what you want to achieve because you are helping them achieve what they want to achieve in return. You must also dig deep within yourself and ask if you are adding "value" to other people's life. Are you helping them achieve what they want to achieve? Are they helping YOU achieve what you want to achieve?

If they are sapping your mental energy, if they are wasting your time, if they are slowing you down, if they are in any way decreasing value from your life, you must cut the line.

That said. Most people will come to realize that many of the people they spend most of their time with don't add any long lasting value in their lives whatsoever. Some friends don't help you push your life forward, in fact, most of them try to pull you back. I have lost contact with many friends of mine because after a while, I realized talking with them only sapped my mental energy. They were conditioned to find "flaws" in my new business ideas, my new ways of implementing a new business concept or system.

I do not regret losing many of these friends or associates because I have found others that are constantly pushing my life forward.

If you were a 1000 NL player, how much can you learn by hanging around 100 NL players?

How much can you learn by hanging around 10 000 NL players?

Why aren't you trying to add those people to your network so that they can help you achieve your goals and push you forward?

Don't be agitated about seeing so many people in your life that subtract value and waste your time. It is a numbers game, some people will, some people won't, so what? Whack the people that waste your time and mental energy, and actively seek the people that will push you to limits you have never gone before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coles notes: Soar with the eagles, don't muck around with the turkeys.

Really good advice pal. It took me 30 years to figure that out.