View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: People who refuse to help themselves

From my personal experience, 90% of the people out there just don't get it. 90% of people would rather stay in their "comfort zone" and do what they have been always doing. They don't want to go out, learn a new skill, start investing, start a business ,etc etc.

Doing these "new" things requires a lot of hard work that they aren't used to doing. The "hard work" requires using their minds in a way they are not used to using it. Fear of the unknown keeps many of them at bay and they cover up their lack of activity with whatever pathetic excuses they can muster. They make excuses for their lack of activity simply because they are conditioned to do so and have been conditioning themselves their whole lives. If they are too afraid of doing something because they don't understand how, they will merely make up an excuse to cover up their lack of guts.

My advice is this:

Don't do business with the people that won't add value to your business or your life. Life is too short being agitated over frustrating business partners or potential business partners. Just move on and keep trying to find that person that "gets it".

BTW, I am a real estate investor and you wouldn't believe the negativity / cluelessness / useless advice I got when I first started out. At times it was extremely frustrating to keep dealing with people that sap your mental energy and time, but you need to learn to look pass that and keep searching for the people that add value to your life instead of the people that take value away.

I have a lot more to say, but it would take 2-3 pages to say it.