View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: What would you like to see covered in the upcoming SSNL book?

Hi, Sunny:

I'm really glad you asked this question. I'll try to answer in more depth later, but for now I'd like to reiterate and invitation I PMed to Ed Miller to frequent our Digest Posts and the so-called 'Pooh-Bah Posts' linked in the Master Sticky of this forum. The tactical issues which we in the SSNL community find most difficult to get our arms around are also the ones that generate the best posts in this forum. Those posts are highlighted in the Digests and the PBP lists.

For my part, I'll do what I can to get Digest posts created more regularly, and try to get them a little more focused on our 'issues'.

One thing I'd like to mention right off the bat that I know is a very common problem here is tactical & strategic adjustments that players make when moving from limit games to no-limit games. I made this switch in earnest myself a little over a year ago as a limit player, and I found it to be very difficult. My contention since has always been that limit hold'em and no-limit hold'em are so different that they might as well have different names. The switch seems to be more difficult for limit players with more experience, presumably because they are so good at limit and the games are so different.

I posted a summary of my thoughts of these differences some time ago in this post (link), but in my opinion this subject deserves much more coverage. It is a very frequently-asked question on this forum, and one which has not been answered sufficiently (although there have been recent attempts which were valuable).

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with the book! I, for one, am looking forward to reading it very much.

- Grunch

Edit to say that while I don't now agree 100% percent with everything I said in my linked post above, I do agree with the majority of it. Those things I don't agree with now completely also tend to be situational.