View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Brain storm: How do we bring down Absolute?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been trying to say the same. The thing is people on 2p2 don't realize that the average person will not distinguish between AP and any other site. They will hear that online poker is 'rigged' (just like they always thought) and won't play anywhere. Why the hell is everyone on here so excited to get this out in the open?? As I've said in previous posts, if you don't like AP, don't F***ING play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I personally don't care. It is better to take the near term publicity hit than to let this site go on essentially stealing a million dollars from its customers.

Understand this: it doesn't have to be an upper management hack for this to be true. The site has a responsibility to the players to keep their money safe, and this breach, even if its by one rogue programmer, is functionally equivalent to a hacker stealing a million dollars from people's account balances at whatever bank AP uses. As long as AP denies a hack took place, they are complicit in that theft, and that in turn means that in the future, others can go on doing the same thing without repercussions. Security through obscurity doesn't work.

At this point, either AP refunds the affected players' money and explains themselves (not even necessarily publicly - if they had made it clear they were on top of it to those of us doing the digging two weeks ago, I for one would happily have dropped and buried the whole thing), or they can be blacklisted by the entire industry. The fact that we now know it was an inside job for certain makes it imperative that this happens.