View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Case for South Florida and Virginia over USC, Oregon and Oklahoma?

I think this is kinda a complicated answer. i guess all i'd say is, when you don't include margin of victory, it throws the computers off. However, i also think you have to give it until the end of the year. Just under half a year left to go, and it will say a lot about the teams. If USC loses to oregon, ucla, and cal, and uva beats miami and vt and bc in a champ game, the rankings won't look so funny anymore. Computers deserve some say, because no matter how ugly uva wins, if we beat VT and BC by 1 where we get outrushed, outpassed, are out-talented and their dicks are bigger than ours, we deserve credit for those wins that human pollsters are very reluctant to give.

Speaking more specifically about UVA, as i'm a fan, i think
where we're at in the human polls right now is spot on, 20-25 is where we belong. I think most people voting us there think we don't deserve it and are just going on a soft schedule, but i disagree now. Our defense is good, and our offense, though mediocre, is rapidly improving. We have plenty of opportunity left to prove ourselves this year, we'll find out where we stand.