View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: WPT Bellagio Hellmuth Blog

I clicked the "auto post blind" button off, and took my free hand. It was Q-Q. Uh, oh. I raised it up and received one caller in the big blind. I noticed that I had $19,300 in front of me, and decided that I would play the hand so that I lost it; I would have $18,100 left. The flop was Jd-8d-2d, and I didn't have a diamond. Player A checked, and I checked reasoning that if I called two $600 bets on the next two streets and lost, I would still have $18,100 in front of me and I could quit for the day. The turn card was the 7s, and Player A bet. Normally I would have raised it up, but I called. The last card was the 8s, for Jd-8d-2d-7s-8s, and Player A bet. I called, and Player A showed me K-J. I'm sure that Player A "knew" that he had the best hand, how could he not feel that way, given the way the hand played? I mean I checked the flop, called the turn, and called the river. In fact, I really did win the minimum, but I didn't care. I played the hand the way I did for money management reasons. In any case, my queens held up, and I quit the game winning $14,000 for the day. Taking a win felt great to me, and I played less than one hour.