View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Do downswings get easier?

Each time I hit a downswing I go through the same thoughts and end up starting to play badly. When things are going my way I think I can play, I think I've finally worked out what was going wrong and that a downswing can't happen again, but then it hits and I'm back with all the negative thoughts.

I don't play a load of hands, normally around 20k a month, and that's been since August. I've gone through probably 4 or 5 downswings of 6-8bi but each time it's just so frustrating, seeing all that hard earned just disappear away. Now I'm at 100nl the money actually means something too, I'm -$500 in the last 500 hands and it just plain sucks. It always seems to disappear quickly too, like this time 5bi in 500 hands, is this normal?

Back to my question, does this get easier with time or does it always totally suck? Do you guys even consider -5bi a downswing? Is that just a bad day?

Man I sound like such a whiny [censored], sorry [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] It's just that until you've been through it loads of times you question everything about your game without knowing how much of it is standard.