View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Why should we bother with you guys anyway?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Considering the fact that only about 2-3% of the world's population is atheist, it would seem prudent to be able to engage theists in a constructive manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's 2-3% of the world population. That sounds close to the American population though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know where I got that number from. It could be the American population. I don't think it changes my argument much though. We should try to engage, understand, educate, etc. theists because there are a lot of them and they directly affect our lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think accuracy with respect to these percentages are important, because it's important for religious people to realize that much of the world has already emerged from the dark ages. Questioning the existence of an all-powerful invisible creator is not a cult or religion in it's own right. It's simply the most logical conjecture based on 21st century evidence. People living secluded lives with respect to their religion need to be made aware of the fact that much of the world has been enlightened and perhaps it's time for them to follow.