View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: BR Management - I need help.

It depends here.

You say 'farrrr less than $10K', do you have a $50 bankroll, 2 tabling 25NL and busting? I mean, if you have a bankroll anything under $200 (unless playing SNGs) you will most likely HAVE to take shots and play outside a 'comfortable' bankroll management. Chris Ferguson did this as well in his $0 to $10K challenge, he played way outside of what he should have until around $30 when he began SNGs.

Now, if you're losing $1K a time, where you should be grinding NL25 and you're playing 100NL or 200NL, then you have a problem. I doubt very highly any 'essay' or post/internet reading is going to help you much (it wouldn't me anyway). You need to stop, slow down, and realize what you're doing. Realize the value of a dollar (you say the money is very significant then you) and that you need this money. Try and visual the money in front of you (say you have $500 online, and try putting 25 $20 bills in front of you, then them disappearing) and realize that and think about it in your mind before you open up that 100NL or 200NL table.

Hope this helps somewhat.