View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

This thread is funny. It started off as "who is the best Omaha 8 player" and became "who was the best plo8b player in 2006". Well the answer to the last question is definately Wint. Back when we still talked, I said that no one could make 200k just playing plo8b cash. Well he certainly kicked my bollox in on that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I would be astounded if anyone has made that much playing in 2007 and would be fairly suspicious of anyone claiming 200k+ even. Even cake. The 2006 "season" was a huge anomaly in the history of plo8b online. There was never a game like those on Party prior to it, and seemingly none since. Although I had (unfortunately) stopped playing plo8b by then,I had played it very regularly in the biggest games in the years before this, from the days when 1-2 on UB were the biggest games, through to the 5-10 and 10-20 on Stars where Buklah first appeared.

In general, as one of the other posters mentioned, plo8b is not a particularly skilled game. It is the *perfect* game for skinning fish, but beyond that, has always struggled to have a sustainable base, both live and online. The best poker players in Omaha8 are undoubtedly playing short handed limit, probably in 30-60 and 75-150, and the HU action when that is around too on other sites. But these guys are not, seemingly, very prolific 2+2ers or caught up in the internet hype sides of things, so are probably much less known. Raconteur was certianly very good, as were a whole range of other guys.

gl

bdd