View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: - WSOP ME FT: Meet the Final Nine -

In seat 3 we have Philip Hilm, a Dane who currently resides in England.

Here's his Hendon Mob results, with cashes totaling $150,479, including a 4th place finish in the EPT Scandanavian Open in Coppenhagen.

According to this Pokernews live update:

Philip is from Denmark and lives in England. He has been a poker pro for the last several years and was introduced to the poker world by his high school buddy Jan Bloxham. A professional backgammon player who turned to poker, Jan opened up a whole new world for Philip. They went to Frederiksburg High School together (High School is actually called "Gymnasium" in Denmark).

Philip is single, handsome, and about to become a big star. No player from Denmark has come this far at the Big Dance. His friend Jan is here supporting him from the audience.

More here:

Danish pro Lars Bonding is in the crowd sweating Philip Hilm, who is also from Denmark.

Here's a Pokertips.org interview with Philip in Sept. 2006:

pt.o: What handle do you go by online? Why that name?

Hilm: My online handle is 'hotntot'. I thought it sounded good, and I've used it since I started playing.

pt.o: What poker games do you generally play live and online (what stakes and locations)?

Hilm: Full Tilt Poker is where I play and mostly heads-up. That way I can play more hands, make more decisions and thereby magnify any edge I might have. My regular game is $10-$20 NL Hold'em, but if the action is good (for instance if Mike Matusow or Layne Flack is playing), I'll play even the highest limits.

More at the above link.

Edit: Adding

Video: WSOP interview
Pokerlistings interview after Day 6