View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Live (Borgata) against LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure he has me on a high overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is contradictory. If this is your read, consider the possible scenarios:

1) Villain can beat an overpair and is valuebetting every street. Given the board texture he could be vbetting 2pair, set, or straight, and any hand combo that would make any of these is in his range.
2) Villain is trying to bluff you off an overpair

Assigning a probability to #2 is up to your read, but if you really think that's his most likely course of action, shouldn't you be folding JT UTG w/ this guy behind you? I don't like the flop call either way, either. You're just not getting a good enough price OOP when you know you are probably facing another barrel on the turn.

You asked for comments on your turn play. I think the turn is the least misplayed street here.

The confusion he caused you is why LAGs bang the hottest chicks. It doesn't seem like you even tried to assign him a hand range? Your river logic sounds to me like "I know I should fold this, but I have top pair against a LAG who said he likes to bluff and I'm getting 2:1!" For the river decision you also have to add in the possibility that he was bluffing with 1pr or a draw that couldn't beat an overpair on the flop, but now he can.

River should be a fold but I don't like the logic that got you there.

Besides the fact that calling w/ the bottom of your range vs. a villain whom you have not assigned a range to seems like really really really bad policy.