View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Playing At Caesars Indiana

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm going down to Caesar's Indiana next month to play in a couple of their tournaments slated for October thru the 1st half of November. I'm going to play in the ladies, but maybe a 2nd one the next day.

I don't know how big the fields will be for either day, but I sure need some tips in getting beyond 2 1/2 hours of play.

Things I do and don't do (or at least try):

I don't play junk hands outside of unraised BBs, even when the blinds are small; they never pay off for me.

I do try and raise 3XBB in position with a good hand, but sometimes that isn't enough. How do you know when to raise higher?

I can, if I have to, fold anything up to aces.

I pay attention to the texture of the board and betting patterns, but am sometimes bluffed right out of my hand or my chips.

Finally, is there any hope for being card dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

JJT, while it's been a while since I've played there on a regular basis, I was their first Champion there for thier 'Mare' (Ladies Only) events that they started back in 2005, so I know a bit how the women play in these.

My advise especially in the Ladies Only event, is to play solid, don't bluff, especially in the first few hours, because you'll get called.

Many women who play there (as well as in most Ladies Only events for that matter), seem to believe in the AAWD theory (Any Ace Will Do) as well suffer from the Wealthy chip syndrom (If they have a lot a chips, call a raise that they would not otherwise if they had not so many chips).

As for raising, up your bet to 5 or 6 times the BB, otherwise you'll get called for lesser raises.

When playing in the mixed events however, solid play, with normal raises will work well for you.

If card dead, you will have to mix it up a bit, and play some hands you might not otherwise. This because you can't win any tourney without some luck involved.

BTW, I will be there myself the last weekend in October, so maybe I will see you there.

I'll be the heavy set lady with a LIPStour Dealer cap and Golf Shirt on, and I go by the table name of Gabby.

Hope to see you there! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]