View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: OS X: I love/hate Leopard

THINGS I CAN'T FIX

x11

I can't get X11 working. It's a pretty big bummer. I want to use Inkscape and Gimp, and neither work. When I load Inkscape, I get an error saying "Inkscape requires X11, which is freely available from Apple's website for Panther." and two links saying "Get X11 for Panther" and "OK". I don't WANT x11 for panther. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

When I load the Gimp, it says "caching fonts" for a long time, and then loads TWO x11 apps, and then eventually says "application gimp-2.2 quit unexpectendly". No good.

Both these apps worked before installing Leopard.

firefox download stack

I've got this fancy download stack, and Safari dumps to it just fine. But I want Firefox to, too. Unfortunately, when I try changing the pointer in the firefox prefs to the download folder, I click the "choose" button and then nothing happens. The form is BLANK in the prefs, and I continue saving to the desktop every time.

I tried installing the newest firefox just in case, and no change.

ejecting/unmounting

Every once in a while, nothing will eject from my machine. I'll have mounted drives or network folders or whatever, and nothing will eject them. Not ctrl-click 'eject', not dragging to the 'eject' button on the dock. Nothin. Rebooting of course ejects them automatically, and then I'm fixed for a while. (Though not forever. I've had the error 3 or 4 times now.)

No big deal, just pretty buggy.