Thread: Stud8 ruling
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Stud8 ruling

Questions of this sort are frequently asked in the B&M section. I can move the thread there if you like.

The last time this happened in a game I was in, I was the false bring-in, and the floor ruled that all action stood. The floor came back several minutes later and said that that was the worst ruling he had ever made. "I don't know about that," says I. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I got my two bucks back.

I'll guess that the exact ruling varies from room to room. At Canterbury Park, action out of turn is not binding. I know that in most places it may be considered binding. I would prefer to see the action backed up so that the right guy brings it in. Whether the completer is bound by that action would be according to the rules of that room. I really don't think that the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] should have to call for $100. All that said, I don't have a problem with the ruling. It's the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s responsibility to protect his action. He should notice that three people have already acted on their hands.

This is one reason why the dealer should always announce the suit of the bring-in, even if only one Deuce is showing.