View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s to build sports arena behind Ballys

They have a minor-league hockey team that plays at the Orleans right now.
If this new arena wants to lay down some ice then I'm sure this team could have an interest in playing at the better location.

A city like Las Vegas could draw pretty decently for a minor-league hockey team with a good arena and location. Maybe that would even catch the NHL's eye a bit more.

Gary Bettman might not have the same kind of hang-ups that Stern has. His league is struggling a lot more of course.
Possibility of bringing an NHL team if the arena is there waiting for one? I sure as hell don't know but am just trying to think creatively here.

I think LV already has some arena football already but obviously this could be moved over to the new arena too if they wanted.

And having a higher caliber and newer arena in a city that already brings in a zillion conventions could always work out decently. Thinking the Rodeo championships in December could be moved there if they wanted to.
I don't know how nice the Thomas Mack arena is but I'm assuming it isn't really that impressive which is why they could use a new arena in the first place.