View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread JULY PT 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey i haven't played in forever and i'm going back into grind mode.

what are decent/good/superstar winrates at 100nl-400nl nowadays?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as ever, but you have to play a little differently to maximize. 400nl might be a little tougher than it used to be unless you table select really well.

[/ QUOTE ]

any good examples?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm you're gonna have to work it out, but mainly it's more about postflop mistakes, not preflop mistakes. People are tighter and more aggro but most of them still give away their hand, so you can call down bluffs or take them off mediocre hands, etc. It's more crucial to play aggro now than it was before, you need to be in control of hands, not let others control unless you're intentionally giving rope. I would say more of the value comes from the big river bet than it used to be - correctly making the 3rd bet or correctly folding to it. There are lots of people now who have studied a bit so their PF range is okay and they play the flop okay but they still play bad after the flop because they don't actually understand poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i see where this is going, pretty much felt AK or JJ whenever you 3b PF, pretty standard by now though